Friday, August 22, 2014

Blue Eyed Boy: Faith: Grace Film Festival: Official Selection

 

Blue Eyed Boy    Buy Tickets
Iran
Language: Persian
Runtime: 18:06
Category: Faith
Screening Date: January 29, 2015

A boy with unusual color blindness causes his parents shame when he accidentally kills some village livestock, so his parents seek medical treatment for the boy, and when hospital doctors cannot help,
they take him to a local Shaman for a remedy...
Director: Amir Masoud Soheili
Masoud Soheili was born in 1988 in Mashhad, Iran.
He earned a BA degree in Law from Ferdowsi University .In 2007 during his study he started to work as second assistant director in some professional movies.
He has been working for six years in the film industry as an Assistant Director. He turned his attention to writing and directing and left behind assistant directing as he went into the military service.
He enjoys writing scripts. This is the deed Mr. Doctor! (Short film, 2010) was one of his work that “Omid Alizadeh” directed it.
Also his script “Zero boundary” won an honorable mention in the March 2012 contest at moviepoet.com.
He made his first short film “the car blow the horn just for the women” in January 2013.
Also he did his Military service (2012-2013) in Central Prison of Mashhad and he worked in “Image of Prison” as photographer and director.
He was given the chance to direct prison documentaries as a part of his military service, and gained valuable experience.
Director’s Statement
I read ‘“The blue-eyed boy” story in 2006. Before that time, I thought of making a film with a monochrome point of view, but not black and white.
Fortunately, I read the book and it compelled me even more to make a film with a blue monochrome point of view., then I decided to adapt it into a script.
I wrote many drafts and tried to really elevate the script for this blue monochrome point of view. I wanted to expand this from a simple children's story into something deeper that would appeal to an adult audience as well.
I tried to give depth to all the characters without forgetting that the story is about a boy with blue monochrome eyes. After many rewrites I asked Saeed Ghorbanian, a thoughtful and genius writer/poet to collaborate with me. His help with the dialogue was invaluable and he even wrote a poem for a sequence in the middle of the film.
Shooting in a village with a cast that include old women and a small boy was challenging. I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to make this film. During the process many amazing things happened, a great DOP came on board along with great actors and actresses. And I was able to obtain the rights, I am so grateful. I am very happy with the way the film turned out, and am even happier to share it with the world.

1 comment:

  1. Good news! Can I have your autograph? ;-)
    Hope you are well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete